Re: EWF architecture; Human sacrifices

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 23:22:32 -0700

Ian Cooper asked

>Anyone have any idea what sort of architectural styles
>to use for inspiration for EWF ruins.
>
>Pavis seems to be the only source for such
>information, does the ziggurat shape of the New Pavis
>Temple suggest that such styles were common in the
>city and EWF proper. If this is the case to avoid any
>more Babylonian influences outside DH would say Aztec
>architecture give a good EWF 'feel' - it might be
>sufficiently alien for a draconic influence, has a lot
>of cyclopean structures etc.

Most EWF citizens probably lived in Heortling longhouses... The hillfort idea also makes lots of sense.

I'd also suggest the illo from King of Dragon Pass, though that may be a dragonewt city.

Muslim and Cambodian architecture come to mind for other urban areas.

>Besides chaos, wich human cults have human sacrifices?

Almost all of them -- if things are bad enough. (This is addressed a little in the computer game King of Dragon Pass, where you can sacrifice thralls to the gods. Needless to say, Chalana Arroy is gravely displeased if you sacrifice to her.)

>GoG says something about Ty Kora Tek but the sacrifice seems going to the
>whole earth goddes.

I think Maran Gor and Babeester Gor would readily accept human sacrifices.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_pensee.com> Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein