Re: Published earth temples and a few other Earth bits

From: Henrix <henrix_at_pp.sbbs.se>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 01:30:45 +0200

> From: "Jane Williams" <jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk>
> BTW, can anyone explain to me why 4 is an important number to the
> Earth cults, but we still have the Maiden/Mother/Crone trio, and three
> sisters per generation? Are we missing one?

Is four an important number to Earth cults? I thought it was six, like the sides of a cube....

Four weeks is of course (more or less) the menstruational cycle. (At least I suppose it is a four week cycle in Glorantha.) In RW it is often connected to the month/moon, which it can hardlly be in Glorantha, with it's eight week seasons and seven day moon cycle. Is there anything it else it could be connected to? I would think that some sort of four week cycle is important in Esrolia, and perhaps for Earth cults in other places.