About Dragon Sun

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 01:54:46 +0900

    Note about Dragon Sun

  In another way of orlanthi, Dara Happans also knew Existence and Importance of Draconic Element in Glorantha, adopted this in Glorious ReAscent of Yelm. Berneel Arashagern (or Berneel Arashagorm) is one of six parts of Yelm the Great after his disintegration and Berneel (or Dragon) represents form of Man's six Elements in Dara Happan Philosophy.

  In Fortunate Succession, Sothenik is a Emperor of Erzanestyu Dynasty (reign539-561) and abandoned his position for desire to become adventurer foolishly before pinnacle of Dara Happan Empire (his successor Helemshal and General Kastok made this prosperity). In Dara Happan Standard Worldview, though some of historical personalities can be identified as adventurers such as Questors of Hill of Gold (Vanyoramet), Ten Paladins of Kordavu, etc, those who voluntarily abandoned his position of society and duty of life is strange, irresponsible and perhaps impure.

In FS, Dragon Sun (Dara Happan Emperor reign 878-910) reigned Dara Happa with EWF marshal power for unknown reason during the age between Dynasty of Denesiod and Karvanyar. As is often the case with Gloranthan Dragon, Martin Laurie, in Tales #17 personally jointed two attractable idea (Nick Brooke commented about Golden Dragon Worship of Sun County in RQ Convulsion #4) for illustrating what occured to important mystics of Empire of Wyrm's Friend (aka YUF) To my regret, I don't have "Pavis and Big Rubble" which hints about Golden Dragon Cult and Wyrm Priest Wind Whistler, ...Would you teach me about it?

Karvanyar was grandson of Last Emperor of Denesiod Dynasty (Dismanthuyar reign: 866-878) and famous Dragon Slayer, his "Every Man a Sun" Movement expresses his heroic but less-political nature. In FS, He nearly became husband of Dragon Woman who was daughter of Dragon Son at Contest, but he killed this inhuman ruler of Dara Happa and "the father-in-law" I don't know about working for Sairdite Dragonslayers (which Harold Smith) In some sources hints reappearance of Dragon Sun at Dragonkill War Dragon Sun (In Introduction of Hero Wars & Genertela: Crucible of Hero Wars) It might only suggest nature of Utuma reversible reaction.