animism

From: Olli Kantola <nysalor_at_lyyra.kempele.fi>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 21:17:28 +0300 (EEST)

Peter Metcalfe wrote:

>RQ3 already has ample detail on fetishes for spirit magic
>and binding spirits in matrices.

Yes, but in RQ you can't have "an unlimited amount of" fetishes (because of free int) and matrises are much more expensive, than the new Gloranthan reality dictates (I assume, that HW describes that.).

BTW, do ever fetishes "run out" of their mojo? Are the spirits bound to fetishes freed after the owner of the fetishes dies? Can deists use fetishes without problems (I have a Kolating shaman in my group.)? I'd expect that shamen can't "manufacture" fetishes for infidels for money without damaging their connection to their fetches, but maybe they could give a couple of fetishes to a friendly yinkini.

I know that these kind of questions aren't relevant to the "story", but to the integrity of the world they are very relevant indeed.

Olli Kantola