Re: Sorcery Plane

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:42:48 +0200

Nils :

> > IMO, the sorcery plane, sorcery, and the Inner World are actually
> > consubstantial.
>
> That doesn't sound right. Isn't the sorcery plane pure
> Energy whereas the inner world is mainly matter?

The jewel is in the lotus ?

I think that the distinction between energy and matter is the main western model AKA philosophy (*) of the macrocosm (including the soul/body dichotomy) but that Gloranthan reality itself is a continuum ; so 'energy' from the Sorcery Plane can manifest in the 'matter' of the Inner World as 'magic'.

I think it's a western cultural POV, not absolute Gloranthan reality.

Also 'the sorcery plane is pure Energy whereas the inner world is mainly matter' looks like a Mistake that the God Learners made.

Julian Lord