"most" Zebra Folk are not bandits

From: Ian Thomson <arkat_at_primus.com.au>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 12:55:03 +1000

"zebra riders still maintain a holding on the river, giving tithes to the Lunar Government, and allowing Lunar inspectors to see that they are not re-eqipping as the outlawed survivors"

The Zebra People "act as neutral emissaries between antagonists (the tribes of Prax). This task rapidly became poular and widespread"

P&BR p 62

I am not aware of any references that say the Zebra People are widely held to be bandits, although the Lunars may mistrust the plains zebra clans

I'm certain there is another official source which says they are valued as mercenaries and noted for their cavalry tactics, which implies they are organised and reliable (doesn't sound like bandits to me)

once again the Lunars may see some of the Plains tribes as almost outlaws or some such, because they refuse to pay the proper respect to the Lunars

The current King of the Zebra Folk (IMO) does live in Pavis County, co-ordinating his people from a temporary base and clandestinely assisting the rebellion

Glorantha Site:
http://home.primus.com.au/arkat/runeq.html