Aldryami

From: David Cake <dave_at_difference.com.au>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 14:08:21 +0800

Alex replying to me wrote:
> > I think this overstates the depth of information communicable
>> in this way. I think that the PC asks the forest fletcher for the
>> bronze arrowheads, who gives them to him without asking payment,
>> because he understands that they are all working together for the
>> good of the forest. But I think communcating the specifics of desire
>> need language, elves are not telepathic. Strongly empathic, however.
>
>But the circumstance Peter describes could arise if _both_ the
>PC elf and the fletcher were responding in some unconscious manner
>to the feelings, needs, or ultimate best interest of the forest.
>I agree it doesn't have a strong 'point to point' functionality.

        Yes. I think it does happen that both the warriors and the fletchers understand that conflict is coming, and begin preparing for it, without communication passing between them. I think emotions and feelings of the forest at large are communicated well, though an individuals emotions are generally lost in the song unless very close.

	Cheers
		David