Genert

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 17:04:13 EDT

In a message dated 7/19/00 7:40:22PM, you write:

<< Peter Metcalfe :

> I don't believe that any trade or communication diety was in
> the Genertan Pantheon.

  Why not ?>>

I have to agree with Peter; that Issaries wouldn't have been present in a Genertan Pantheon (but probably not for the same reasons), and also that Genert's Garden would not have required a trade or communication deity. It didn't need trade, Ronance was pretty good at travel, no problems with communication, in fact no problems at all until it all went wrong.

<< I don't really see that 'Issaries' could have fitted in so well if your   objection is right. Also, I'm not sure that you're making sense   core-rune-wise : the first of the Five Movements (HW p.162) should   surely be known by Genert ?!>>

But I don't see that Genert's pantheon would include a Void deity, a Balance deity, a Creation deity, or even a Theft deity (although Jackrabbit might count?)

  <<True or not, the Pavis pantheon needs one ; and if a son of Genert became a   hunter, after certain distressing family events, I'd be voting in his favour   for inclusion in PavisPak ...>>

I don't see a Pavis Pantheon needing a hunter god. Hunters would live outside the city, IMO.

  << It's a toughie : another son of Genert, inspired by the same distressing family
  event possibly ?>>

Seolinthurs Rudder indicates some sort of agricultural link, (it sounds like a plough to me); the 48 old ones are the remnants of Genert's Ministry of Agriculture, (this indicates to me the number of nice crops that are especially blessed - ie lots of them)

Keith N