Re: More on Marriage

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 07:00:10 -0700

Tom asked

> Was introduction/removal of nobles through marriage not implemented in KoDP
> because of hassles with programming, or because it disrupted the
> flow of the game?
> (e.g. Beta-testers going nuts when their Vingan/Issarian/whoever
> decides to shack
> up with another clan).

At one time, I was hoping to track marriages (i.e. you'd click on a leader and see who they were married to), but basically I don't think it would have added much if anything to the game -- you handle interesting marriages, but not routine ones.

Bryan thinks

> most Orlanthi women marry young, so by the time they show up as leaders, you
> could assume that they've married into your clan already.
> Conversely, you never even see as leaders the one who marry outside
> of the clan.

and I think that's a good way to look at it.

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_a-sharp.com
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com
Efficiency is intelligent laziness.