Bride Stealing, Shepherds

From: Gary R Switzer <gswitzer_at_loop.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 13:48:41 -0700

I could see a sort of Bride Stealing being reinacted mythically with a right proper punch up between the groom and the father- -law as per the one between John Wayne and Victor Mcwhatever at the end of "The Quiet Man" and then the new son-in-law brings dad home for dinner. =)

As for shepherds, I thought we went all through this once before and decided that tending herds was not gender specific?

Gary R Switzer
Aero Hobbies (12 copies of HW and counting)

"While crossing the Star Fire Ridges we asked directions of one of the local shepherds and asked her to share our evening meal once camp was made. To our surprise she produced several braces of fine, fat woodcock which she had taken with her sling while tending her flock, which impressed our guards no end. Plucked and put on small spits, undrawn, dredged and basted with lard the birds were done in a trice and served up on thick slices of toasted white bread with melted butter drizzled over all. The girl's open delight at the luxury of such bread was obvious and I think our cook made a friend for life when he gifted her with a whole loaf."