Re: Kallyr's Starbrow

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 22:21:21 +0100

There are lots of fun theories and stories about this one. But there is also a tiny bit of current, definitive, fact. HW Glorantha book, p157.

"... has travelled into the Sky World, from whence she gained a star crystal that is imbedded into her skull now."

And there's a picture of her.

In terms of cultic links, Kallyr is documented as being a Vingan, she's documented as taking the Orlanth Thunderous slot on the Sartar High Council, and she's definitely got some sort of relationship with Polaris (though not necessarily with his cult!).

In my own opinion she has Yelornan friends, and that's (indirectly) how she got to meet Polaris. But there is no official evidence for a Yelornan link that I'm aware of.

Should it help add colour to anyone's Glorantha, you might like to borrow an idea from my game (it's 1598, and she's about 16). Her clan the White Quartz, like all clans, have a distinctive clan marking. In their case, a small piece of the White Quartz that gives them their name is embedded under the skin of the forehead, and acts as the focus for the new adult's first spell. By 1603, Kallyr is the only surviving member of the clan: by 1613 everyone's forgotten what their clan marking was. And in any case, it's been replaced by a rather fancier job from the Sky Realm. I'm just throwing it in as a bit of fore-shadowing and fun.

Jane Williams jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk http://www.williams.nildram.co.uk/gloranth/index.shtml