Theistic magic items.

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 01:50:50 GMT

Oliver Bernuetz:

>Here's my latest question. What do theists call their magic items? >By
>this I mean the items created by priests with magical, reusable
> >properties.

Holy [items], Sacred [Items], Relics, Idols, Enchanted [items] and so forth. There's no one name to apply all of them apart from the ugly matrice and of the few ones that come close sound silly in either a Orlanthi context or a Pelorian context or both.

But I'm guessing you want a jazzy name roolz-wise to go with the Talismans of the sorcerers or the fetishes of the Animists? In which case, use idols/graven images/relics to describe those items intended to be worshipped and enchanted [items]/holy [items] for those with general utility (such as a thunderstone).

IMO anyway.