Re: Glorantha's future

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 10:08:30 -0700

Donald Oddy wrote

>It's a pity KoDP hasn't appeared in the 'Game' chain of stores because
>that would really get Glorantha more widely known.

Sadly, we can't afford the bribes ("co-op advertising" if you prefer that term, though there were other ways one chain tried to extract money from us). (Or is "Game" a particular UK chain I'm not familiar with?)

> The other possibility
>is to get a restricted version onto some magazine cover disks, even an
>internet download which could be passed round could generate sales and
>interest.

The King of Dragon Pass tour has been in some magazine cover CDs. Again, this costs money, and our marketing resources are extremely limited.

There is indeed a downloadable tour -- see the links at <http://a-sharp.com/kodp/> for your choice of platform. Feel free to pass it around.

We still rely largely on word of mouth -- the game is still available (either direct from us or in local game shops -- see <http://a-sharp.com/buy/retail.html>. (If you know of a shop that sells [or sold] KoDP but is not on this list, please let know!)

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_a-sharp.com
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com
Efficiency is intelligent laziness.