Orlanth the Keynesian

From: Thomas McVey <tmcvey_at_sric.sri.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 11:38:25 -0800

> Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 17:21:08 +0200
> From: "Christoph Kohring" <ChOK_at_urbanet.ch>
> Subject: Re : Orlanth and the Hard Times
>
> > Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 16:21:59 -0800
> > From: "Thomas McVey" <tmcvey_at_sric.sri.com>
> > Subject: Orlanth and the Hard Times
> >
> > Been a while since anybody posted a myth, so here's my stab
> > (Sometimes this myth is told with King Heort as the Hero).:-
> >
> > Orlanth and the Hard Times
>
> The first keynesian orlanthi myth ! Hilarious, I love it !

Of course the Orlanthi are Keynesians. All that waxing on about "generousity" - do you think they'd object to pumping up the money supply when times got rough? Can you imagine wind worshippers getting worried about *inflation*?

Now, the Lunars, I bet they're monetarists. It's the Dara Happan influence. All those Yelm worshippers, only using wheels coined by the Sun Wheel Dancers. True believers in the gold standard, always bitching about these newfangled silver coins. I bet that's why the Lunars lose.

> Christoph

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #3