Etyries

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 20:39:32 GMT

Bruce Ferrie:

>does anyone know of any existing myths on Etyries, apart from the very
>sketchy stuff in Gods of Glorantha, the Issaries write up, etc?

There is a single line about her in the Entekosiad but that tells us very little (apart from her being alive in the early years of the Lunar Empire and that she heroquested).

My impression about her was that she was originally the Missionary Goddess but ever since the development of New Pelorian, this aspect of her has become redundant. Now her secrets are used by travelling merchants seeking to befriend strangers in distant lands and also to allay suspicions about the quality of their goods.

This was going to go into the Glorantha: Intro but was something that was cut on grounds of space. OTOH there's a large whitespace where the above was going to be so it might just be complete crap...