RE: The Glorantha Digest V8 #7

From: guy hoyle <ghoyle1_at_airmail.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 15:40:22 -0500

|I was hoping that Nandan was just a bad joke Greg made up late
|one night. I
|can't see that people really have such problems with ducks if
|things such as
|Nandan exists...
|
|In my oppinion it's just silly and makes my think of "Life of
|Brian" and the
|Peoples Front of Judea (or was it the JPF?)
|
|Needless to say, Nandan don't exist in my Glorantha. If I'd
|want a queer
|Heortling, I'd do it in another way.

I probably won't have any Nandani(tes) in my game, either, but you can bet I'll let my PCs know about 'em. It's too good a source of rumors and such: "It's well known that the founder of the such-and-such clan followed Nandan's ways!" I think that this is one of the odd little touches that make Glorantha such a fantastic place to game.

I like Ducks, too. We have one in Sandy petersen's campaign, an NPC who was finally taken over by one of our PCs: Blackbeak, Scourge of the Seas. From leading us to a pirate treasure in the mouth of a volcano (and guarded by a large salamander), to running a protection racket in Refuge, he's the tops!

Guy