Recommended read

From: Bernuetz.Oliver_at_cbsc.ic.gc.ca
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 18:04:00 -0400

Hi all,

I just finished "Goddess of the Mountain Harvest" by Brenda Gates Smith, an American writer. It's set in Neolithic Turkey and offers some very interesting
as an insight to everyday life in that sort of society might have been like. I
quite enjoyed it. It's the sequel to an earlier book which I haven't read.

Since I'm recommending Goddess-based novels I might as well put in a plug for one of my favourite authors, Judith Tarr, especially "White Mare's Daughter"
which I quite liked and some of her fantasy stuff as well. (Though I didn't really
like her book with Harry Turtledove, Household Gods, another good insight book but very dreary).

Have a good one,

Oliver D. Bernuetz