Re: distribution of steads

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 14:35:24 +0100 (BST)

David Dunham and I agree, just to inject a bit of Trickster into the fray:
> >I don't see how it's reasonably, or even geometrically, possible to
> >arrange 25 steads on a typical tula such that they're a day's journey
> >apart. A quarter-hour walk would be rather more like it, IMO.
>
> IIRC, a typical tula is about 3 hexes on the Dragon Pass boardgame
> map, so one day's walk is about the distance between clans.
>
> So I come to the same conclusion you do.

My back of an envelope calculation was about 2 hexes, but close enough, especially as we don't actually even have an 'official' total number of clans. (I may have been taking the Colymar as typically, whereas in reality they may be on the large side.)

This reminds me, does anyone have an estimate in terms of square miles or acreage what the average size is? (DP is vague about its scale, and I'm unsure how well it agrees with other maps.)

Cheers,
Alex.