re: distribution of steads

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 09:50:30 -0700

Alex Ferguson wrote:

>David Dunham and I agree, just to inject a bit of Trickster into the fray:

Must mean you're right for a change :-)

> > IIRC, a typical tula is about 3 hexes on the Dragon Pass boardgame
> > map, so one day's walk is about the distance between clans.
>
>My back of an envelope calculation was about 2 hexes, but close enough,
>especially as we don't actually even have an 'official' total number
>of clans. (I may have been taking the Colymar as typically,
>whereas in reality they may be on the large side.)

It's certainly the largest tribe; I don't know if its clans are larger than average.

>This reminds me, does anyone have an estimate in terms of square
>miles or acreage what the average size is? (DP is vague about its
>scale, and I'm unsure how well it agrees with other maps.)

A Dragon Pass hex is 55.43 km^2, though I no longer remember how I derived this.

Rick Meints

>many of the playtest discussions concerning Nandan centered around
>why he was added to
>the pantheon in the first place. Many saw it as a blatant attempt to
>make the game more all inclusive. That didn't sit very well with
>those who loathe political correctness and the homophobic.

I didn't see it that way at all.

If someone doesn't like Nandan, in their game they can always make it the rumored practice of that evil Orleving clan over in the next valley...

Ulf Eriksen

>This is just a test to see if my PC is working

Um, next test, could you not quote an entire Digest?

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_pensee.com> Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein