King Heort

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 21:42:38 GMT

Douglas Seay:

>When was [Heort] around?

Between the Great Darkness and the Dawn.

>Does this mean that he was the leader one of the various Vingkotlings
>remnant groups trying to survive the Great Darkness?

He united the Vingkotlings and a couple of other post-vingkotling groups (such as the star-tribes).

>Was he around for IFWW?

He was the one who fought in it.

>Was his quest to update Orlanthi laws (law staff?) done while
>Orlanth was in Hell, or afterwards?

When Orlanth was in Hell.

>How did he interact with the Only Old One? Since Heortland is in the Holy
>Country, I'd assume that Heort or one of his successors had to come to some
>sort of arrangement with the OOO.

They formed the Unity Council (after the Unity Battle in which Hoert, the Only Old One and the leaders of other Dragon Pass peoples all fought against chaos) which at the Dawn became the World Council of Friends.