Elmal of the sun tribe

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 01:08:25 +0300

>>I asked earlier:
>>So, is the sun Elmal or the Emperor Yelm?

>Philip Hibbs replied:
>That depends on where you are. In the north, where Elmal has been
>defeated, Yelm has been proven to be the
>sun. Orlanthi there don't believe that Elmal is the sun because Orlanthi
>don't worship losers. In the hills and mountains, Elmal is the sun to
>most heortling Orlanthi. Also, the identification of Yelm with the Evil
>Emperor of the myths is not clear to all Orlanthi, but is more so in the
>north where they've encountered more Yelmites, I think. This much comes
>pretty much straight from the shaman's mouth.

But the Myth of Elmal tells the orlanthi that Elmal was a warrior of the Sun tribe (of the evil emperor). Elmal left the unjust court of the Emperor, and joined Orlanth's ring.

Surely it's diffucult for them to think that the sun above is Elmal with the above, unless they think that Elmal patrols the _orlanthi_ lands, and in "foreign parts", different sun's shine.

Doesn't sound that unplausible to me.

        -Adept

I think I think... Therefore I think I am.