Sorry, the sun got in my eyes....

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 20:09:37 -0700

        I attributed Graham Robinson's comments to Mikko Rintasaari in my last post. I apologize to both.

Olli Kantola asks:

>Is Humakt not Death?

        Well, yes,Humakt is Death. But, is Zorak Zoran Death, or does he merely use Death? How many Deaths can you have, especially when their followers can call them up to debate it?

        This has been a major stumbling block for me in dealing with inter-cultural clashes in Glorantha. If Elmal and Yelm are both the sun (along with Karzant, Somash (spelling?), and others) is any of their magic and philosophy transferrable? And, if so, how do the gods (and spirits) feel about it? Does a priest ever get a dream from Elmal saying "My children have become polluted by the ideas of the tribe that rejected me; do something about it?" And, if he does, can he just go to his Yelmallio/Yelm leaning fellows and say "Guys, Elmal is irked; you better talk to him." and have the god sort it out? If so, how does cultural drift happen? If not, why not? Thanks for your help.

Peter Larsen