Death of Yelm

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 21:10:22 +1200

Peter Larsen:

Me>>Yelm still went to Hell (even if it was in small pieces) and
>>that is the same as being dead (even for heroquesters). So
>>a Pelorian would agree that Yelm was killed and brought back
>>to life.

>I just reread the relevant parts of "The Glorious ReAscent," and
>I'm not so sure about this. Murharzarm dies, killed by the rebels. Yelm
>disintegrates much like Murharzarm did but apparently without dying.

Yet the parts eventually ended up in hell such that after Shargash has killed everyone:

	The Emperor God was there, faceless and indiscernable among
	the many dead.
			p37 GRAY, Golden Pages edition.

Likewise among his hundred names is the "self-resurrected".

>Similarly, Yelm isn't healed or ressurrected by the rebels, he
>reconstitutes himself when the rebels submit to his perfect justice.

I didn't say he was healed by the rebels. It was Justice that brought him back to life.

>Yelm returns from the land of the dead, and Biijif rules the dead,
>but I'm not sure either was exactly dead.

Greg was pretty definite at Victoria, that if you are in the land of the dead, then you are dead.