Mythical sources

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 16:19:22 +0200

Terra Incognita:

> Reference: Aedin's Wall, Norse Mythology
> I have started to think about Direct Parallel from RW Mythology to
> Gloranthan Similar Places while to see parallel of Two from Aedin's Wall to
> Odin let Giant Architect make the Wall of Valhalla

Indeed.

> In nature of Gods, Norse Mythology have more resemblance than Irish Celtic
> Mythology (which introduced by Jim Fitzpatrick and other booklets about
> Battle of Moy Tura and Cattle Raid of Cooley:
> http://www.jimfitzpatrick.ie/mythology/nuada.html) in my opinion, I can
> write direct line from Edda to Glorantha like Odin=Orlanth, Loki=Eurmal,
> Tyr=Humakt, Thor=Urox?, Bragi=Lhankor, Frigg=Ernalda, etc...

I've heard Greg say that Thor was the major real world mythical inspiration for Orlanth. However, another source for interesting Orlanth parallells is vedic India: Indra slying a dragon to free the rain for instance.

> 5: Patanjali
> Can you invite some of good guide and / or for his idea?

Not sure what the question is here, but Patanjali's Yoga Sutra translates rather fair and square into Mashunasan's Unrealization in Gloranthan terminology. A good book to read is

Yoga : Discipline of Freedom : The Yoga Sutra Attributed to Patanjali by Barbara Stoler Miller (Translator)
ISBN 0553374281 It's available from amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0553374281/o/qid=970064181/sr=2-2/104-5835267-1928745

I hope that helps.

Nils Weinander
The world is a beautiful place and it's worth fighting for

Do You Yahoo!?