Kilts

From: Dom Twist <thazar_at_globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 20:55:53 +0100

Kilts and Climate:-

>>DD:
>>True, but we all know (from Jeff Richard :-) that Dragon Pass
>>has bitterly cold winters, so those short skirts (or kilts, if
>>you prefer) aren't too practical. (IMG they're a Ralian thing.)
>
>Of course, they can only wear kilts in Scotland because it is so hot as to
>be bordering on tropical.
>
>Phil.

As a semi-fanatical Celt I must say that the only reason I dont wear my Kilt more often is because its too damn hot most of the year down here in Cornwall.....a proper wollen Kilt is a very practical, warm peice of clothing for the non-central heated Highlands and Moors of my folks past.....and all Celts generally

So I just wear a tie in my clans tartan.

DomT

ps I'm a Cornishman not a Scot.

pps I hear the local Kilt makers are now doing light weight materials for Summer mostly at the insistance of Australian Cornishmen!