Biblical influence, lack of

From: Phil Hibbs <phil_at_snark.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 22:50:46 +0100

John Hughes:
>The Bible does not seem to feature heavily in Greg's inspiration,
>but this may be to do with our cultural taboos about treating the
>Bible as myth. A pity in some sense, for the Old Testament is
>filled with heroes and tricksters and heroquests if we read it
>with our mythic senses tuned.

I mentioned the Bible, in the context of it being most of his target audience's primary source of mythology, to Greg at Tentacles '99 and he basically said that he has a kind of mental block when it comes to the Bible. The way that it is shoved down peoples throats as "God's Literal Truth" just turns him off and he won't go near it. (my words, I may be misrepresenting what he said, but that's the impression I got)

Phil.