Gods and Truth

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 22:08:59 GMT

Carl Fink:
Me> > . . . In glorantha, they email them and get contradictory answers

> > depending on the god contacted. Whom do you then believe? In
> > resolving this riddle, you arrive straight back at RW conundrums on
> > the nature of truth.

>Yeah, but what I for one think of this is that it's *implausible*.
>It implies that there is no correct answer, that Glorantha has *no*
>underlying reality of any kind.

I don't see how contradictory answers from gods implies this and nothing else.

To look at it another way. Does different answers from God as related to by Jews, Christians and Muslims imply that there are no correct answers and that the Real World has no underlying reality?

A gloranthan is far more likely to conclude that there is a higher level of reality and truth than that known by the Gods.