Dragon Pass climate

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 03:56:19 +0300

Petterson wrote:
:I personally have treated DP as somewhat like a severe-weather year in
:the Sierra Nevada foothills (but that might in turn be because I used to
:live there).

I've pretty much envisioned it as Scandinavia used to be in the Viking era (warmer than these days), except because it's inland and not coast, the temperature extremes are more pronaunced. Snow comes down for the dark season (often a meter or more), and hardly anybody moves outside without skis or snowshoes (which are known by some clans, I suspect... I would think at least the Odaylans go hunting big game with skis)

I have to look into the weather effects of the highlands vs. lowlands. Would somebody from Scotland or Wales enlighten me on this?

        -Mikko, the Adept

I think I think... Therefore I think I am.