Re: The Truth

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 04:13:42 +0200

Andrew Larsen :

> > When he's in Hell, he's dead. When he returns again, he isn't. (Though he
> > would still be Death). Resurrection taboos don't apply when you are
> > following in the footsteps of your God.
>
> There's some disagrement about this, based on other responses to the
> question.

Not much disagreement IMO.

Variations in expressing the same basic idea, more likely.

> My primary objection to this idea is that it goes against the way
> journeys to the Underworld work in RW literatue, so far as I've seen.

But there are at least three Underworlds in Glorantha : Hell, Wonderhome (including other names for it), and the Land of Demons. I think there are more, aren't they ?

> Being Dead in the Underworld when you're questing there
> just doesn't feel right.

You don't *have* to be dead to quest in the Underworld, but it helps.

Each specific Underworld Quest has its own specific 'rules'.

Listen to RR's HW mantra : "Go with the story!"

Phil Hibbs :

> Pleeeeease - not the Objective vs Subjective arguement all over again!

'fraid so ; and it's about quarter to GLS too ...

Julian Lord