Re: bitterly cold Dragon Pass

From: Dave Bailey <dave.bailey_at_uk.mckhboc.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 09:32:04 +0100

Hi All,

        <Sticks head above crenalations> Glorantha, being flat, clearly doesn't follow Earth's climate distributions but since it clearly does have a consistent pattern to it I assumed that other forces were responsible, namely the cultural/religious affiliations of the inhabitants of a given area. The Lunars have a large number of Sun worshipers so the climate would be warmer, Sartarites, storm so wetter. Given this was true I had also assumed that upland marsh has it's own distinct weather system (gloomy, foggy, dull), the weather in Tarsh is becoming milder under Lunar influence, the rise of the Lunars in Sartar leads to warmer summers and that the annual Lunars vs Valind's glacier contest has more meaning. The movement of peoples would also have an effect with DP being much milder before the influx of Heortlings for the taming......I could be wrong. <Ducks>

Dave.