Truth?

From: Carl Fink <carlf_at_panix.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 07:01:47 -0400

Henrix <henrix_at_pp.sbbs.se> wrote:

> Or that the underlying reality is not within the grasp of mortal humans.

It might be worth pointing out that I come at almost anything with a very scientific orientation.

As Bertrand Russell might ask, "What is the difference between 'There is no underlying reality' and 'The underlying reality is such that no one can ever describe or understand it'?"

Answer, of course: there is none. For any practical purpose they're equivalent.

> Perhaps the entities known as gods try to explain, but the poor sods who
> worship them understand nothing.

Given my respect for the most basic principles of logic, this cannot resolve the contradictory explanations they give. - --
Carl Fink carlf_at_dm.net
Manager, Dueling Modems Computer Forum
<http://dm.net>