Re: Truth

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 14:52:51 +0100 (BST)

Carl Fink replies to Peter Metcalfe:

> > . . . In glorantha, they email them and get contradictory answers
> > depending on the god contacted. Whom do you then believe? In
> > resolving this riddle, you arrive straight back at RW conundrums on
> > the nature of truth.
>
> Yeah, but what I for one think of this is that it's *implausible*.
> It implies that there is no correct answer, that Glorantha has *no*
> underlying reality of any kind.

No it doesn't. It's a very long way from implying anything of that sort at all. The above strikes me as being tantamount to protesting that if they don't submit to reductionist analysis, even down to the personal relationships they have with their devotees, they must be some sort of solipsistic delusion (while closing one's eyes tightly and ignoring the thundercloud with the shaking fist coming out of it and the lightning bolts streaming around you).

Or if it makes you feel any better: what if there is a correct answer, but nobody's telling you?

Cheers,
Alex.