RE: The Glorantha Digest V8 #27

From: guy hoyle <ghoyle1_at_airmail.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 10:40:37 -0500

|Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 07:30:06 -0400
|From: Carl Fink <carlf_at_panix.com>
|Yeah, but what I for one think of this is that it's *implausible*.
|It implies that there is no correct answer, that Glorantha has *no*
|underlying reality of any kind.

Not necessarily. There may be a Truth, but it might me that nobody knows what it is.

|This is certainly possibly by auctorial fiat, but it makes Glorantha
|less plausible and less fun (for me, I'm not speaking for Mr.
|Hughes).

Of course, in your Glorantha, there may be one Truth, but that would remove much of Glorantha's charm for me. It leaves more room for innovation and creativity, while providing a foundation from which to build. I don't advocate "anything goes" as a design concept, but Glorantha has a well-defined character of its own. It still surprises and delights me after 20 years.

Guy Hoyle