The apocalypse

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 15:42:55 -0700

Hughes, John Hughes

>The Christian
>obsession with apocalypse is noticeably missing from explicit Gloranthan
>thought.

        And more's the pity. Millenarianism and apocalyptic thinking is a great source of stories. I heartily recommend Norman Cohn's "The Pursuit of the Millenium" as a source of ideas.

        There are the White Moon followers in the Lunar Empire, of course, and I've always imagined the West was lousy with heretical cults of many flavors. Safelster ought to be a breeding ground for this sort of thing, with various sects catching on in the other Western countries.

Peter Larsen