"It was a bitterly cold winter"

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 20:19:32 -0700

Alex Ferguson replied

> > However, Dragon Pass is pretty much the highest point on the continent
>
> How so? Have map-makers neglected to note a 1 in 6 slope on all
> the rivers, or some such? Or are you comparing the heights of
> the peaks?

Well, it does have the highest peak, but I wasn't counting the truly mountainous regions.

It is however the pass, which makes it high up. And by looking at the rivers, it's the continental divide.

OK, I just dug up a map I got from Greg years ago (which he's probably forgotten about and is thus about to redraw -- differently - -- as soon as I write this). In one elevation, the chaparral of Prax may be higher than Dragon Pass. In another, the pass looks like the highest thing around.

I happened to mention Dragon Pass weather while talking to Greg today, and he said there was indeed a glacial wind (referring to the maps in Missing Lands), and that it was quite high up.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_pensee.com> Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #34