Mills

From: Frederic Ferro <ferro_at_princeton.edu>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 15:58:08 +0200

on 9/29/00 8:45 PM, Trent <trentfs_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> Wasn't there already a mini-adventure with this exact plot in Codex #1 (set in
> Riskland)? Perhaps your subconscious memory is playing tricks on you...

I don't know who inspired whom but there is also exactly the same story in a scenario for Ysgarth:
http://www.ccsi.com/~graball/ragnarok/mill.html

Mills can have rich mythic "resonance" as was shown in Santillana and Dechend, Hamlet's Mill and more recently in Thomas D. Worthen, The Myth of Replacement, University of Arizona, 1991 (he argues that mills and hammers are mythological symbols for the precession of equinoxes).

Peter Metcalfe quotes Greg:
> ::Brithos: Zzabur, the Sorcerer Supreme, who was capable of making nature
> ::work for him, such as when he made the windmills to help heat his cities.

These windmills look suspiciously like nuclear plants. I would have thought binding salamanders would be more "natural". But the Brithini must have more elements than Theyalans.

Fred