I think I'll go for a walk...

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 17:15:56 +0300

You aren't foolin anybody!

:The debate seems afflicted by definitional paroxysm where 'being dead' is
:defined as 'being in the land of the dead'. Can we come up with something
:less circular? What does it mean for a deity to be 'dead'? Is Yelm
:dead? Is Humakt (or indeed Hueymakt) dead? Does Elmal die every
:night? What is the difference between Ernalda 'sleeping' (my
:understanding and also the HW term) and being (temporarily) 'dead'. (very
:little, I suspect).

Elmal most definitely is not dead, no matter what the newfangled writeup says.

Elmal is one of the few (Heortling) deities that lived through the darkness.

Elmal patrols the sky, guarding Yelm as he passes ahead say I, but he does not descend to hell at nightfall. I think Elmal goes to rest at Orlanth's hall when the day is done, and Yelm descends to hell.

All the above, is just my take on things, naturally.

        -Adept : an official of Arachne Solara

I think I think... Therefore I think I am.