Death and Death

From: Jonas Schiött <jonas.schiott_at_hem.utfors.se>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 20:17:02 +0200

For some textual references, how about the Lightbringer's Quest?

On KoS p.85, Luatha obviously _believes_ that letting Orlanth into the underworld will mean that he becomes dead. But the implication is that she's wrong - like so many deities, she still has a fairly loose grasp on this Death concept.

On the very next page, we get the following:

"Flesh Man was slain while in the Underworld. This was not a relief for him, for he kept on the quest anyway, but now he was alone."

If he can be slain he must have been alive, I think? The bit about FM being alone after being killed implies that he then had to go by the path the dead take in the underworld, whereas the still living Lightbringers blazed their own trail.

Jonas Schiött
Göteborg

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #40