Which Sun?

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 23:53:58 +0100 (BST)

Carl Fink:
> And I've never gotten what *I* (I'm only talking about my own
> reactions) consider a good response to "What if an Orlanthi Storm
> Voice, a Yelmic nobleman, and a Malkioni Wizard all flew into the Sky
> Realm together and looked at the Sun?"

If they're doing so in a strong sense of the word 'together' (in such a way that their perceptions are necessarily identical, or nearly so -- which begs a whole lot of other questions, but never mind that for now), but that they have initially competing mythic perceptions, then it'd basically come down to an 'identification contest'. Score a big enough success in imposing your perception on the other two, and not only do they see the sun _that_ way, but (for a sufficiently high degree of success) that viewpoint may be permanently imposed on them, _completely_ screwing up at least part of their own way of viewing the world.

But I'm sure I (and come to that, Greg) have given essenttially this answer before, so evidently it's non-good in some respect that escapes me for the moment...

Cheers,
Alex.