On broos

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 10:26:59 +0300

:>David Dunham:

:> Surely the Lunar philosophers
:>take just-hatched broo larvae and give them a proper upbringing, i.e.
:>turning them from wolves to dogs. (Or in Glorantha, back to the
:>primal broo before they became corrupted.)
:
:I don't think Lunars can do this and it would be a negation of
:their philosophy in any case.
:
:- --Peter Metcalfe

I think the Lunars breed broo to make troops for their army. In my Glorantha (1600ST) the lunar's are turning their diplomatic face towards the West, and are dealing with the troublesome Sartarites in a more heavy handed fashion.

I think breeding broo get's the Lunar empire cheap shock troops. They are lead by Yanafali or Danfive Xaronite officers, and the natural ferocity of the broo combined with what discipline they manage to drill into them makes for fairly effiscient troops.

Of course some always escape, but that's why they keep those troops at the Sartar border. As the goddess'es way says, a broo that serves a full term in the army will get a citizenship.

        -Adept

I think I think... Therefore I think I am.