Re: Broos in Lunar Army

From: Lars Lühder <lamilu_at_utu.fi>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 13:58:46 +0300 (EET DST)

> From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
>
> I think the Lunars breed broo to make troops for their army. In my
> Glorantha (1600ST) the lunar's are turning their diplomatic face towards
> the West, and are dealing with the troublesome Sartarites in a more heavy
> handed fashion.
>
> I think breeding broo get's the Lunar empire cheap shock troops. They are
> lead by Yanafali or Danfive Xaronite officers, and the natural ferocity of
> the broo combined with what discipline they manage to drill into them
> makes for fairly effiscient troops.

Initial thought: Wow! Cool! My heortling players will be REALLY happy when they join the rebels!

Second thought: It makes even more sense after some thinking - in 1602, the Lunars were also using the Crimson Bat against the Sartarites, so in comparision having a couple of broo regiments 'operating' isn't that much Chaos. And I could imagine that by 1620 the Lunars are somewhat frustrated with converting thick-headed heortlings ('All Lunars are chaotic!'), so having a broo regiment (or two) in the wilderness for punishment missions could be possible.

Shargashi, Char-Un or special regiments like the Damned Ones (TotRM #17, I believe) are propably more often used, though. But I doubt the Empire has an unlimited supply of those kind of units posted in Sartar.

But I still like the idea of a massed line of broos charging, their Tarnils' magic glowing, the crimson vexilla proudly waving...