Yelorna and the Unicorn Tribe

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 13:31:16 +0300

:Sandy really liked the Unicorn tribe concept and was dead set on it
:existing, despite the obvious problems. The Unicorns actually organized
:and controlled it, though, IIRC. Mostly it existed for their benefit.
:While clever, I was not convinced.
:
:Kevin

I've never liked the concept of the Unicorn Tribe. I like Yelorna tho. I think the cult of Yelorna is assosiated with the unicorns much more than it's assosiated with violence.

I think Yelorna is a guardian of purity, and the goddess of starlight. Their magic is fairly subtle, purifying, healing, starlight...

I think the warrior side of Yelorna and her cult came later. In the War of the Gods Yelorna refused to be a passive (female Firetribe) figure, and defended what she felt worth defending.

I'd think Yelorna is one of the gods that was exposed to Rashoran (like Humakt and Chalana Arroy) and instead of becoming passive, was fortified and strenghened.

Yelorna is fierce and passionate when her anger is raised. The best analogy for Yelorna is obviously Pallas Athene.

(My artist Suvi Ylioja has made some really nice imagery for Yelorna, but unfortunately none of it is currently on the WEB. I should send the stuff to Issaries (as Greg proposed), but I don't know who to send it to there.)

        -Adept : somewhat more incoherent than usually

I think I think... Therefore I think I am.