Nandan

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 13:21:42 +0200

Silly me, chiming in when the Nandan debate has almost died down...

I was rather surprised that everybody assumes a connection with homosexuality for Nandan. When I first heard of Nandan, that he saved the clan by giving birth when the women turned barren, I assumed that he was a man whose wife couldn't have children and whose heroquest to have a child ended up with him learning woman mysteries and coneiving a child himself.

That said, modern day Nandanites could of course be gay, but I don't think it's necessary. I think it's a valid path for a man with a barren wife as well.

Nils Weinander
The world is a beautiful place and it's worth fighting for

Do You Yahoo!?