Re: Weather

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 14:57:07 -0700

Keith N was

>personally surprised about the cold winters in KODP thinking (from most
>illos.) that it was warmer most of the time.

I thought we got it about right, though I'm sure there's some dramatic exaggeration of the difficulty in travelling in winter. Bitterly cold winters actually happen only 1 in 65 years, which is something of an understatement. So this sort of balances out.

Note that winters are worse (thanks to ice demon attacks) if your ancient enemies are the forces of winter...

BTW, I'm not sure what "most illos" you're referring to -- there aren't that many that depict snow.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_pensee.com> Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein