Archeogeography

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 11:33:44 +1300

David Dunham:

>GRoY. And I think Peter may be wrong -- p.22 shows Elempur, south of
>Saird. I'm aware that this is one of the least representational maps
>in the book (and isn't Golden Age), but in modern times, south of
>Saird means Tarsh, which is Dragon Pass.

Ahh. But what the GRAY _calls_ Saird is actually the Sylilan hills and the Vanch plains (cf p49 of the GRAY) which makes Ancient Nivorah being somewhere near or beneath Jillaro.

This puts "South of Saird" GRAY-style would be on the modern plains of Saird (east of the Aggar Mountains and south of the Imther Mountains, ie: Holay) and that Ancient Elempur might be somewhere near Mirin's Cross (although I have my own pet theory on where it might be).

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #54