Re: Truth & Proof

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 12:23:53 +0200

Phil Hibbs:

> Nils:
> >There is no mystic otherworld,
>
> It refutes it's own existence fairly effectively.

:-)

In a way, one could speak of a mystic World, which is neither Other- nor not. A major point is that the whole setup with mundane world and otherworlds is a big lie according to the mystics. The trouble is that once you reach the "mystic world", you disappear from the others and they disappear from your view.

> OK, draconic = above

Hmm...

> , void = below,

Where does that put the threeways intersecting Underworld?

> east = ... where does Vith live?

Now that's a tricky question. Vith lives on Vithalash, but what that means otherworldlywise is quite confusing. As deities, do the High Gods live in the theist otherworld? As mystics, are they Somewhere Else?

> Or
> should I give up on the cubic intersection model?

Heavens no, it's way too neat to just dismiss. I'm just being nitpicky...

Alex:

> It may roughly fit the
> Kralori worldview: they certainly see themselves as being the perfect
> balance of a host of opposed principles.

Interesting!

> They'd equate the
> Vithelan mystical 'Otherworld' with nihilism, broadly speaking,
> I think, rather than saying they don't have one.

Quibbles as to whether a non-place is an otherworld, but apart from that, I agree.

> Also I feel obliged to point out that the Lunars _do_ have a mystical
> otherworld, of a sort at least.

They do?

Nils Weinander
The world is a beautiful place and it's worth fighting for

Do You Yahoo!?