Re: Weather

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 13:00:26 +0100 (BST)

David Dunham:
> I thought we got it about right, though I'm sure there's some
> dramatic exaggeration of the difficulty in travelling in winter.

I suspect so, though since the roads in the KoDP era would be null, and the terrain is pretty hilly at best, not an unreasonable one.

> Bitterly cold winters actually happen only 1 in 65 years, which is
> something of an understatement. So this sort of balances out.

I don't understand that this statement means, though I suspect it makes Perfect Sense in terms of KoDP internals. But what is, in dare I say 'objective' terms, a "bitterly cold winter"?

> BTW, I'm not sure what "most illos" you're referring to -- there
> aren't that many that depict snow.

I think that was rather his point (non-KoDP illos).