Re: Cold Enough for Ya?

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 13:36:10 +0100 (BST)

Gary R Switzer:

> Alex Ferguson replies to Steve Lieb:
>
> >> Arolanit, Castle Coast: S.Calif
> >> Seshnela: S.Louisiana (bayou) - although considering the ocean currents,
> >> Olympic Peninsula would be more accurate
> >> Maniria: Hardwood subtropical, much like Alabama. SW Georgia
>
> >These all sound to me to be a touch too warm.
>
> Your local news must not have covered last winter in the South, then,
> where large Southern Pines were shattering due to the extreme cold.

At the risk of sounding positively Greek in my use of logic without experimental or anecdotal evidence, I'd suppose that the existence of said large pines implies such winters are not exactly common...

Too warm in the average. Whether the variation would be as extreme as in much of the continental U.S. I'm not not sure of.

> And didn't we decide at some point that the nonsense of Fronela included
> Musk Oxen? Sadly they seem to not have made the cut into AR.

I dunno, those large shaggy ungulates are blurring together at this stage, for me... Why Fronela?