Re: Nandan

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 14:24:11 +0100 (BST)

Nils Weinander:
> Oh, first mention of Nandan I saw was in a HW draft. Well,
> there goes that theory. Too bad though, I liked it.

Sorry about that. ;-) I'd forgotten about the HW draft version, you could argue it _ought_ to be more reliable than a semi-liquid Greg at a Con, but...

The real issue I have with Nandan/Nandan unions, or indeed Nandan/ Mrs Nandan ones, is that if the Birthing Man is taking a female path, learning women's mysteries, and taking the female role in giving birth (i.e., actually doing everything apart from pacing back and forth outside, or having a pint several lodges away), then isn't an actual male principle required, for the actual conception? Which would surely most straight(ahem)forwardly be a man. Unless the quest has a parthenogenic wrinkle to it, or Mrs. Nandan is on some sort of Heler quest...

I feel slightly dizzy.

Far me it from to to preclude any interesting possibilities here, just trying to do a quick unreality check.