Mostali and Brithini

From: Carl Fink <carlf_at_panix.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 12:40:42 -0400

I've decided to get out of the religious/subjective/objective row that I started, so here's something else I thought of.

I don't recall reading anything about contacts between the Mostali and Brithini. From the outsider's perspective, they sure seem similar: they're both immortal sorcery-using (in RuneQuest), logic-endorsing caste-based cultures, right?

I suspect the Mostali see the Brithini as the most successful of imitatators, but like all humans they got the essential part wrong: they imitated the surface aspects of Mostali culture but missed the central importance of the JOB, of repairing the universe -- instead Brithini concentrate on THEMSELVES and EACH OTHER and have no real purpose.

The Brithini presumably think the Mostali are like themselves, only during the Great Darkness they lost their souls. (Of course Brithini don't have souls, but . . . )
- --
Carl Fink carlf_at_dm.net
Manager, Dueling Modems Computer Forum
<http://dm.net>